Bluefin, the leading North American distributor of toys, collectibles, and hobby merchandise from Japan, Asia and more, heads to one of the industry’s biggest annual events and will introduce attendees to the Studio Ghibli lifestyle brand at Toy Fair 2018.
Bluefin will be located at Booth #5331.
Established in 1985 and considered a national treasure of Japan, Studio Ghibli was founded by the visionary director Hayao Miyazaki and is a legendary animation film studio renowned for full-length feature film classics including My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki’s Delivery Service, and the Academy Award-winning Spirited Away. These films have been acclaimed by legions of fans and critics internationally.
Bluefin is an official North American master distributor for Studio Ghibli products with a catalog of over 250 SKUs from a variety of officially licensed Japanese licensees. A collection of over 100 unique lifestyle items will be on display at Toy Fair 2018. A special Studio Ghibli Starter Collection will be available to dealers at special wholesale show pricing (while supplies last).
Toy Fair 2018 takes place Feb. 17-20 at the Jacob K. Javitz Convention Center in Manhattan, NY and is a leading annual industry event produced by the Toy Industry Association™, Inc. (TIA), a non-profit trade association representing all businesses involved in manufacturing and distributing toys and youth entertainment products to consumers. TIA’s more than 900 members account for approximately 90 percent of the annual U.S. domestic toy market of $22 billion. Show details are available at: http://www.toyfairny.com.
2018 marks the 30th Anniversary of the release of My Neighbor Totoro. Bluefin will celebrate the property with a lush garden atmosphere inspired by the film in its booth during Toy Fair. A variety of officially licensed Studio Ghibli products from world-class Japanese manufacturers such as Benelic, Ensky, Skater, and Marushin will be displayed. Toy Fair attendees are invited to marvel at the incredible level of detail and superb craftmanship in each product.
Notable featured products include:
- My Neighbor Totoro Figure Collection – Packaged blind boxes offer surprises for collectors and spotlight memorable characters from the landmark film. 12 figures total.
- New Studio Ghibli Art Crystal Puzzles with Stained Glass effect for My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki’s Delivery Service and Spirited Away. Several designs will be displayed.
- No Face, Jiji, Kodama Coin Banks – Final production run for 2018 is available now. These unique and collectible products are not expected to be produced for the North American market again.
A special Studio Ghibli Starter Bundle will be available for purchase at special convention pricing during Toy Fair Bundle includes unique household and lifestyle items including Totoro Mini-Towels and Gift Box Sets, JiJi Mini-Towels and Gift Box Sets, Cat Bus and Totoro Chopstick Sets and Carrying Cases, and a selection of Flying Totoro and Flying Kiki Art Crystal Puzzles.
The Bluefin booth also will be accented with a display of Studio Ghibli concept products from a variety of licensed Japanese manufacturers. Samples will include:
- Licensed Paper Goods - Chiyogami, Paper Theater, Figural Origami
- Totoro Mino Yaki Pottery
- Totoro/Wafu Pattern Totoro Jubako
- Soft Totoro and Jiji Blankets
- Figural Sofa and Bed Cushions
- Totoro and Jiji Tote Bags
- My Neighbor Totoro Statue
- Puzzle Bowl (Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki’s Delivery Service)
- Metal Business Card Holders (Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki’s Delivery Service and Princess Mononoke)
- Totoro Key Houses