By Dustin Cabeal
Ah man... I should have been consulted on this. I would have done used pairs of Kirkman's underwear. Dick pics from the Sex Criminal creators. A picture of someone's Savage Dragon tattoo, with permission to copy the tattoo on your body as long as you put a "limited 2/2" somewhere near it. A signed original copy of one of Eric Stephenson's "comics, you're all at fault" speeches. A lawsuit settlement check for $1.00 from Todd McFarlane preventing you from suing him in the future. The ideas are endless, but you can see what Image decided upon for their 1,992 blind boxes... which are more of mystery polybags, but I guess that was harder to market or something.
In celebration of Image Comics’ 25th Anniversary, Image Comics is printing 1,992 blind boxes in commemoration of the company’s founding year in 1992. The IMAGE COMICS 25th ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX will be available in comic stores on July 19th.
Each IMAGE COMICS 25TH ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX will contain an assortment of 25 polybagged comics comprised of 17 all-new 2017 series and featuring limited edition variant covers only available in this box. Each comic will be bagged in opaque black poly to keep every comic a surprise.
Each box may include a randomized mix of the following variants:
- 25th anniversary variant cover
- B&W 25th anniversary cover
- Virgin 25th anniversary cover
- Virgin B&W 25th anniversary cover
- Blank wraparound sketch cover
- Extremely rare sketch covers drawn by each series artists—25 copies per series of the 17 selected launches
- Exclusive THE WALKING DEAD: HERE’S NEGAN! #1 limited to 500 copies—the first 24 pages of Negan’s origin story printed in single-issue-format for the first and only time.
Retailers interested in ordering the IMAGE COMICS 25TH ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX must use Diamond Code MAR170900.