Well today TellTale and Gearbox have revealed some screens for their upcoming co-produced Tales From The Borderlands. I know of at least four Bastards on this site that are fans of the franchise and will be looking forward to this expansion that takes place after the events of the second game. With the screen shots comes some info so let's get it rolling!
Featuring two playable characters, the story is told from two unique perspectives that will alternate as the story progresses. These characters include Rhys, a scheming, low-level data-miner within Hyperion who's plotting his own grand ambitions; and Fiona, a clever and classic fast-talking con-artist born and raised on Pandora out to pull off the grift of a lifetime.
While they themselves aren't vault hunters, both Rhys and Fiona will also come across vault hunters such as Zer0 and other characters from the world of Borderlands 2 throughout the series, as all events in Tales from the Borderlands will be part of the official Borderlands story canon.
The also revealed some additional info on the Playstation Blog:
- The loot you grab in Tales will be available to use in other areas of the Borderlands franchise
- It’s an episodic series that’ll be $4.99 per episode (or you can save with the Season Pass)
- Your choices matter and will help create YOUR version of the story across the season
- The series takes place after the events of Borderlands 2. Handsome Jack is gone. Or is he? You might have seen the trailer we put out a while back
- You’re going to play two different viewpoints. Rhys works for Hyperion; he’s a company man with grand ambitions that have been thrown off the rails. Fiona is a fast-talking con artist, with very few people left on Pandora she hasn’t swindled one way or another
- They both have a very different opinion of the events that brought them together, and the only way to find out something near to the truth is to live their lives and make your own decisions